Wednesday 9 September 2015

Sehati Sejiwa. Happy Independence Day, Malaysia.

Assalamualaikum.

One of my favorite is national day parade which will be held of course, every 31 August (heh, some Malaysians can't remember this, believe me). It starts at 7.30am but we arrived around 9.30am. We took LRT from KL Sentral (parked at Sooka - RM4 per entry for public holiday) to Masjid Jamek then walked to Dataran Merdeka. All the way to Dataran people are selling banners and some sort of trumpet I think. Some of the families are wearing Malaysian flag shirt, military uniforms and there's a girl donning national flag as her tudung scarf - quite cool. I like the atmosphere, its like being in a football match. Yan told me that it is much more merrier and awesome during actual football match. I think I would love to go for one! (added to wishlist). Packed crowds and we're stuck, didn't managed to get closer but seeing the parade from a distance is not so bad after all. 

Pictures of the day:


Arghh! The hands...

I pray that my beloved country.. continue to prosper, safe from all evil, bad attempts to ruin it. Deep inside I'm quite sad. Malaysia has been tested with so many things - MH17, MH370, worst floods, internal political issues...etc. The world is looking at us, and this is our country that we breathe in.

Right now, everywhere - people are talking about freedom of speech. To criticize. To pour your thoughts. We have the right to voice out our opinion/suggestion/critics but the way of doing it should reflect our intellectual levels and values. Extreme insults, bad words, cursing, trolls, racist statements, and some of the acts eg. stomping pictures of political figures? (what do you get from this, such a childish act) - I just can't bear all this. People please, do not sow hatred.


Happy Independence Day, Malaysia. My heart will always be with you.

Until then.




Disclaimer: Do not copy my picture without permission. Take it with credit.

No comments:

Post a Comment